8 October 2019
8 October 2019
The opening of the conference by Han Busker, President of FNV, will be followed by two plenary sessions and two rounds of break-out sessions, offering you a choice from many inspiring and noteworthy examples from various sectors and countries. Representatives from the world of science, governments, NGO’s, companies and trade unions will give lectures and participate in the discussion panels and break-out sessions. Keynote speaker is Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands, founder of Number 5 Foundation. The facilitator of the conference is Alette van Leur, Director of the Sectoral Policies Department at the ILO in Geneva.
8 October 2019 – Amersfoort, The Netherlands
Facilitator: Alette van Leur, Director of the Sectoral Policies Department (SECTOR) at the ILO in Geneva
Language: English (Spanish translation)
Welcome and opening Han Busker, president FNV
Keynote: Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands, founder of Number 5 Foundation
Introduction and definition of SD by Alette van Leur, Director of the Sectoral Policies Department (SECTOR) at the ILO in Geneva.
How SD contributes to development by Cynthia Samuel-Olonjuwon of Nigeria, ILO Assistant Director General and Regional Director for Africa
Panel on WHY social dialogue is necessary for development
- Mr Ignatius Baffour-Awuah, Hon. Minister of Employment and Labour Relations, Ghana
- Mrs Jyoti Macwan, General Secretary at Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA), India
- Mrs Paola Simonetti, Deputy Director of the ITUC Economic and Social Policy department and coordinator of ITUC’s Trade Union Development Coordination Network
- Mr Peter Bongaerts, director, Dutch Employers Cooperation Programme (DECP)
- Mr Alejandro Arrieta, manager of legal and corporate affairs at the company Camposol, Peru
First round of break-out sessions and lunchbreak
Presentation and debate on HOW to build effective social dialogue
Presentation by David Vermijs, Senior Advisor at Shift, on respecting trade union rights in value chains. Practical approaches for business.
- Marcela Manubens, Global VP for Integrated Social Sustainability at Unilever
- Fabio Enrique González, Manager of Palmas del Cesar Colombia
- Catelene Passchier, elected President of the Workers’ Group of the ILO and advisor to the FNV
- Kan Matsuzaki Director ICT, E&E, Shipbuilding and Shipbreaking at IndustriALL Global Union.
Second round of break-out sessions
Closing and drinks